Terms and Conditions
Premier Wedding/Corporate DJ lighting and Sound Hire Service. We provide the Perfect Entertainment for your big, beautiful day or Event. I Specialise in creating beautiful Wedding Discos, Brilliant Corporate functions, Fantastic Private Birthday Celebrations, in addition to Prom Nights and Bespoke Themed events. I cover Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire & The West Midlands.
For the avoidance of doubt, "The Client" is the person(s) or company booking my services. "The DJ" is myself, or one recognised as excellent by Rugby Discos to DJ to the quality as myself performing at your Event. "Event" is the function that I am being booked for.
1.1) The Booking is not confirmed until the booking fee has been received . The booking fee is NOT refundable.
1.2) Payments are to be made via bank transfer; final payment must be made 4 weeks prior to the event taking place. Should you wish to pay by cheque then payment must be 1 month prior to give sufficient time for the cheque to clear.
2) Any variation to the Services stated must be agreed in writing.
3) The Client will be invoiced for the Performance Fee plus any Other Services agreed on the Booking Confirmation. The Client shall settle this invoice by the due date stated unless otherwise agreed in writing.
4) In the event that The Client cancels an Event they will be liable to pay cancellation charges as follows:
i) Cancellation made 30 days or more prior to the Event Date: 25% of Total Invoice*
ii) Cancellation made 15-29 days prior to the Event Date: 50% of Total Invoice
ii) Cancellation made less than 15 days prior to the Event Date: 100% of Total Invoice
5) If the venue provided by The Client is unable to accommodate The DJ(s) and The DJ(s) are unable to perform for this reason The Client will be liable for cancellation charges as outlined above.
6) Sound limiters; the DJ has a right to refuse to play at a venue with a sound limiter installed. Please ask your venue if they have one installed and please don’t hesitate to get in touch with myself to explain what the db limit is on these devices are and how they can affect a party atmosphere.
7) The Client agrees that if The DJ is threatened, abused verbally or physically by anyone present at the performance then The DJ will be entitled not to perform, without penalty. All Fees will remain payable by The Client.
8)Any changes to The Event schedule will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
9) In the event that The DJ is unable to complete a performance due to a delay in the start of The Event, where such delay is no fault of The DJ, the Client shall remain liable to pay the full Fee due.
10) Should The DJ be required by the Client to extend the length of the performance, a further fee of £80 per hour be charged, this must be paid in cash before the overtime commences.
11) The DJ is not obligated to finish any performance that has started late due to the Client’s actions or to extend the length of any performance.
12) For all day performances, The DJ needs to have 1x meal one for the dj,. it does not need to be the same meal as the other guests, most catering companies do a "staff meal". the meals need to be dairy free for the dj as I have a lactose intolerance.
13) Anyone affected by COVID-19 needs to notify The DJ as soon as reasonably possible, In addition to these standard terms, where available The DJ will Re-Schedule to a different date set by The Client one time free of charge. Any additional re-schedules will result in an additional booking fee payable to secure that date. If the DJ is unavailable for the rescheduling, Paragraph 4) ii) and iii) will still apply.
14) Whilst I am unable to recommend specific Insurance products or providers I would please like to make you aware it is possible to insure your wedding against unexpected things which could cause The Event to be cancelled. Please look into it, I have had 4 cancellations in 2020 due to Covid - 19. 3 of the 4 clients did not have insurance and lost collectively over £100,000. it costs a fraction of your total wedding and gives you piece of mind over most things that can go wrong.
14) These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
*If this cancellation is due to COVID-19 and The DJ is unavailable, no additional fee will be due by The Client